German Explored through patterns and beyond
This program to learn German is innovative. It is based on patterns. It is efficient. It is different from a traditional language school. The objective is to get you thinking and speaking in German. To do that we use patterns to ground the grammar. We use reading simplified novels to build vocabulary. We write stories to apply grammar. We use personal narrative (i.e. your stories from your life) as the basis of the speaking program.
This program is structured into modules.
- Module 1 - grammar 1 in English. Introduction to writing
- Module 2 - grammar 2 in English. Writing - personal narrative
- Module 3 - storytelling auf Deutsch
- Module R (supplementary) - novel reading (simplified) vocabulary building
We meet in person twice per week. All the material is online - so you do the exercises in your own time. We move fast.
- This program suits people who have already been to language school. We fill in the gaps.
- Total beginners are able to do this program. They have to devote more time to get the most out of it.
This approach will have the motivated student telling their own stories without notes entirely from spontaneous speech in between 3-4 months.
Grammar is taught in English. Obviously reading, writing and speaking/storytelling is auf Deutsch.
See exactly what we're talking about by watching the video below. This movie explains how the CASE system works using patterns. You need a paper and pen and 13 minutes of uninterrupted time. So, when you're ready...